The contract, launched as part of the Green Exchange venture, will be available via the CME Globex electronic trading platform and NYMEX ClearPort clearing.
The exchange expects the contract to be the first exchange-traded contract for compliance with a government cap-and-trade program in the U.S.
The Green Exchange offers a range of environmental futures, options and swap contracts for markets focused on solutions to climate change, renewable energy and other environmental challenges.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?