Investment bank Société Générale (SG) and Rhodia Energy Services, a global specialty chemicals company, have formed a joint venture company to trade carbon.
The new company, called Orbeo, is equally owned between the two parties, and is the first company in the emissions sector to follow such a business model. The company will use SG's trading expertise to trade Certified Emissions Reductions (CERs) to be generated initially from two Rhodia projects. Rhodia will generate approximately 100
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules