Shipbroker SSY has announced a record number of deals on its online freight derivatives trading platform, run in conjunction with coal trading services provider globalCOAL.
In the third quarter of 2007 the platform experienced year-on-year volume growth of 53%, reaching 3,380 lots, with 97 users logging in to trade.
"We see this as confirmation of the ongoing trend towards screen trading with a greater number of trades taking place in smaller clips," says Duncan Dunn, director of business
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules