Despite reduction targets, major European electricity producers have increased their carbon emissions since 2007, according to the seventh edition of the European Carbon Factor report released by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in November 2008.
The total CO2 emissions for 2007 from 22 European electrical utilities have increased by 23 million tonnes (Mt), which is up 3% from the previous year. Put in context, the increase since 2006 is as much as the total rise in emissions over the five previous
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights