The Kyoto Protocol's Joint Implementation (JI) mechanism has accredited its first third-party verifier, TUV SUD Industrie Service, almost 10 years after the UN-backed carbon offsetting mechanism was first agreed.
TUV SUD will be responsible for ensuring that any projects undertaken under the JI result in genuine reductions in carbon emissions that are truly 'additional' and would not have happened without the authorisation to sell JI credits.
To date only one project, in Ukraine, has had its
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance