The total CO2 emissions for 2007 from 22 European companies have increased by 23 million tonne (Mt), which is up 3% from the previous year. The increase from 2006 equals emission increases over the five previous years, according to the report.
The increase is due to two factors says the report. Firstly, the electricity output from these 22 producers has increased by 1.5% to 32 TWh in 2007 and secondly the 'carbon factor' or CO2 produced per MWh of output has increased by 1.4% from 2006 to 373 kg
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more