Third-party assessors - Designated Operating Entities (DOEs) - will now be subject to random testing in an effort to speed up their accreditation of projects. The new standard has enabled the EB to almost double its certification services for the 15 types of projects covered under the CDM.
Lack of certification service was raised as a concern at the United Nations Climate Change Conference, held in Poznan in December last year.
Other improvements to the CDM process were also discussed at the EB
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay