CERs are tradable global compliance instruments created, under the Kyoto Protocol, by projects in developing economies that reduce emissions. They can be used for compliance with Kyoto and as part of regional schemes such as the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS).
The transactions add further diversity to BNP Paribas’ pre-existing portfolio of CERs from several different countries.
“This recent purchase of CERs further underpins our commitment to supporting global environmental markets and
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines