Andrew Duff, chief executive of UK Utility RWE npower, has stated that the company is in the process of reducing its carbon emissions by a third, by phasing out its coal-fired power stations and replacing them with a series of low-carbon generation facilities.
The company has just signed a deal with Alstom to construct a combined cycle gas turbine power station in West Wales by 2008. This project will add to the construction of a 1650MW gas power station, four onshore wind farms and an
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants