The FFAs will be cleared via London-based clearing house LCH. Clearnet and Norway's NOS Clearing.
According to GFI Group, the platform's success in trading other commodities, such as coal, sparked the decision to launch dry freight FFAs.
"Having developed an extensive client base through our global reach since the inception of the dry freight desk in 2005, this roll-out will greatly enhance GFI Freight's value proposition for our clients," says Dorian Benson, head of global dry freight at GFI.
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Final FRTB internal model rules get mixed reviews
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE