Goldman Sachs has bought an equity stake in Blue Source, the US-based climate change offset portfolio, in a strategic alliance to market greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reductions in US.
Goldman Sachs plans to off-take, structure and market verified emission reductions (VERs) from GHG reduction projects in Blue Source's portfolio.
Blue Source's portfolio will allow Goldman Sachs to manage GHG-related risks in both the voluntary and pre-compliance carbon markets, according to the companies.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?