Day ahead prices at Germany's EGT hub have risen 20% from 22.7 to 27.3 euros per megawatt hour since Monday. While cold weather was the main factor at play on short term prices, market participants say that the Russia / Ukraine dispute is now clearly affecting both short and medium term prices.
On Tuesday EGT hub contracts for February delivery jumped from 21.7 to 23.5 euros per megawatt hour and have stayed around that level on Wednesday following the complete Ukrainian transit shut off,
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay