Oil markets remain jittery after Russia's move early this year to halt gas supplies to Ukraine. Although a five-year gas supply contract has now been signed between Russia and Ukraine and gas supplies to Europe are back on track, the issue has highlighted how reliant Europe is on Russian gas.
"Everyone's keeping an eye on the situation because there's now the fear that it will flare up again," says an ICE Brent trader. "A few years ago an incident like this wouldn't have moved the market, but
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?