Both spot emissions allowances (EUAs) and Certified Emission Reductions (CERs) will be cleared through LCH.Clearnet's holding account at the UK Emissions Trading Registry.
The clearing service will be compatible with Trayport's GlobalVision broker trading system. Cleared transactions will automatically flow directly from GlobalVision screens to LCH.Clearnet's systems, improving market efficiency and processing, according to LCH.
According to Isabella Kurek-Smith, director of energy and freight at
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines