Canadenis Acquisition and Tamarisk Acquisition Corporation will purchase a combined figure of approximately 23million certified emissions reductions (CERs), to be delivered from the World Bank’s Umbrella Carbon Facility (UCF). The purchase represents 24.5% of CERs made available to the private sector.
CERs are created by Clean Development Mechanism projects, which reduce GHG emissions and create sustainable development benefits for the countries hosting them. Buyers of CERs can use them to
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines