The newly formed Carbon Markets Investors Association (CMIA) plans to offer its combined insights at UN talks on global climate change in Copenhagen in 2009.
“Together the member companies now forming CMIA handled three quarters of the transactions in the $64 million carbon market in 2007,” says Abyd Karmali, managing director and global head of carbon markets at investment bank Merrill Lynch. “That’s a pretty formidable number - and gives us a credible voice to input in to the UN
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules