New York state governor David Paterson has confirmed he will investigate the case for allocating more allowances under the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), a scheme that limits emissions from power plants in 10 north eastern US states that took effect on January 1 2009.
Morgan Hook, a spokesperson for the governor's office, said Paterson would examine the results of the last two RGGI auctions, held in December 2008 and March 2009, to determine if more allowances should be given out to
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants