In mid-December 2007, emissions trading house Vertis Environmental Finance and Bunge Emissions Fund concluded what they claim is the first settled certified emission reduction (CER) spot transaction.
Vertis purchased an undisclosed number of CERs at EUR17 per ton on behalf of a central European client. Bunge Emissions Fund sold issued CERs from its carbon credit portfolio.
In early December, Switzerland's registry was the second, after Japan's, to be connected to the international transaction log
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief