The two companies will join forces in the renewables sector, focusing on wind and biomass, and will cooperate on developing carbon capture and storage (CCS).
"We are determined to foster and strengthen the Essent brand," said RWE CEO Juergen Grossmann today in a statement. RWE emphasised that it is "strongly committed to the Dutch market" and plans to make investments in all parts of the energy value chain as part of Europe-wide plans to invest €32 billion by 2012.
Essent's main locations such as
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?