This is the first time that such an index has been made available to asset managers, private banks and institutional investors, according to Barcap.
The Barclays Capital global carbon index (BGCI), intended as a benchmark for the rapidly growing carbon emissions markets, is made up of two sub-indices that track the performance of EUA credits in the EU emissions trading scheme (EU ETS) and Certified Emission Reduction (CER) credits generated by the clean development mechanism (CDM). There
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules