Emissions broker Evolution Markets has brokered the first trade of European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) emissions allowances (EUAs) for delivery post-2012.
The landmark trade is between Morgan Stanley and fund manager RNK Capital. Under the terms of the transaction 50,000 EUAs for delivery in December 2013 were sold for E20.05 per tonne.
The transaction marks the first trade of EUAs beyond the first commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol, which ends in 2012. The world community is
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?