The acquired business has gross assets of £1million and employs 54 staff. Its core business of dry cargo ship broking and the sale and purchase of ships is complemented by shipping market research, yacht broking and shipping website design.
Two years ago, Icap and J.E.Hyde created a joint venture to enter the rapidly growing freight derivatives business. Paul Newman, managing director at Icap Energy, has been appointed non-executive chairman of Icap Hyde & Company. Newman says: “We have been
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia