Energy broker Spectron and ship broker Braemar Seascope have formed a partnership called Braemar Spectron, to broker forward freight agreements (FFAs) concentrating initially on dry freight in London.
The desk will comprise Paul Geddes, David Oxley and Claire Carpenter, who have come from energy broking backgrounds, and Alexey Paliy and Chris Arnold from Braemar’s chartering department. Geddes and Oxley were recruited internally from Spectron’s European power division. The team, to be based
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants