Barclays Capital has unveiled an index intended to be a benchmark for the rapidly growing carbon-trading markets. The Barclays Capital Global Carbon Index comprises two sub-indexes based on exchange-traded carbon futures contracts under the EU Emission Trading Scheme (EU ETS), and the over-the-counter certified emission reductions (CER) contracts under the Kyoto Clean Development Mechanism.
"People will be able to track and observe the carbon markets better and bring in other investors who might
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules