Despite the current lack of enthusiasm for commodity investing, veteran oil trader Daniel Masters sees light at the end of the tunnel.
Masters, co-founder and portfolio manager at Global Advisors, a Jersey-based hedge fund focusing on commodities, acknowledges that commodity funds have fallen on hard times recently, but argues that the market will soon hit bottom and savvy investors will return.
"In the very, very short term, we maintain an active participation in the commodity business, but we
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?