Commodity trading firms stand to benefit from a crucial strategic advantage by grasping the opportunity presented by big data, according to Lawrence Austen, chief risk officer of Netherlands-based commodity trader Trafigura.
Speaking at Energy Risk Europe in London on October 9, Austen was frank about the challenges he faced in his role at Trafigura. “We trade everything from physical rebar in domestic markets in China to very liquid front-end curve positions on futures markets, and everything
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia