"ETFs were only introduced a few years ago, so there is a lot of room for commodity-based products and we're starting to see more interest in this area," says Andrey Kryuchenkov at investment house VTB Capital. "This year we've seen amazing interest from the investor community for platinum and palladium ETFs. Investors have a taste now for commodities."
An ETF is an investment fund that holds a basket of assets and trades at roughly the same price of its underlying assets over the course of the
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules