New Power pulled out of the market in June as a result of its ongoing financial problems. A spokesman for the Public Utilities Commission of Texas (PUCT), the state regulatory body, says the withdrawal of New Power may put the brakes on competition – but only in the short term.
“New Power was one of the most active retail companies in Texas, and
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines