If there was ever any doubt previously, the past year has confirmed what most readers of Energy Risk have been aware of for years: managing price volatility risks in the energy sector is not for the faint of heart!
Nine months ago, no-one could have predicted the unprecedented rollercoaster ride the US natural gas market has experienced. Firstly, prices broke $10 per million British Thermal Units (mmBtu) in August, before the first major hurricane hit the Gulf of Mexico. The following weeks
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights