There are many misconceptions surrounding investment – and particularly within the energy sector – in Russia. One can't help feeling that the country's Soviet legacy colourful characters have fuelled a media circus that exaggerates the obstacles and ignores the opportunities.
Russia has always enjoyed the good fortune of possessing vast energy resources, which are helping to propel its growth and build a strong energy-security base. In terms of electricity production, Russia is the fourth
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia