The energy team at Westpac Global Energy (WGE) fulfilled all the judging panel's criteria for our team of the year award – experience, cohesion, team spirit and a pioneering and go-getting attitude.
The 20-strong team trades energy and energy equities through operations in Sydney, London and soon North America, which will give the company a presence in every major deregulated power market.
WGE's performance on the Australian electricity market in the past year – where its trading volumes have
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights