In a global market that consists primarily of physical producers and consumers, Merrill Lynch Commodities (MLCI) has stood out as an investment bank that has been successful in developing a uniquely balanced physical and financial coal trading business.
With offices in London, Singapore and Houston, the group handles financial and physical freight covering producers and consumers in those local regions as well as worldwide. In the US, the operation stockpiles coal shipped in from Colombia and
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants