The northern hemisphere winter months are the high demand season for distillates, and spiking prices and high volatility are commonplace. It is also the time of greatest volatility in the spread between European gasoil and US heating oil. Although these fuels are chemically almost identical, they have different demand fundamentals and are therefore valued quite differently.
Both products are essential to the transportation and winter space heating markets, but not to the same extent. In
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines