With the Democratic Party set to take over US Congress and Senate in January, considerable repercussions for the energy industry are expected.
This is perhaps best symbolised by the replacement of the Senate's Republican environmental public works committee chairman James Inhofe with the Californian Democrat Barbara Boxer.
Inhofe famously described global warming as "the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people" and called for the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines