Chubu Energy Trading will commence business in early 2008, and will procure and deliver coal for Chubu Electric Power Company’s power station in Hekinan, Japan. It will establish physical and financial coal trading with wholesale counterparties in the Asia Pacific region.
Chubu Energy Trading will use EDF Trading’s experience in the coal and freight markets to optimise Chubu’s coal and freight positions, hedge its exposure and secure coal supply.
“As Japanese utilities face increased
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules