UBS expects to complete the full risk transfer by end of the second quarter of 2009.Terms and conditions of the deal were not disclosed.
Today's announcement follows JP Morgan's purchase of UBS' Canadian energy business and global agricultural businesses, announced in December last year.
UBS stated in October 2008 that it "would reprioritise its business portfolio to preserve its core strengths and client franchises", and that it would exit all of its commodities businesses with the exception of
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay