With less than five days' worth of natural gas in storage, the UK is facing the prospect of a severe gas shortage and possible interruptions to supply, according to Greg Clark, shadow energy and climate change secretary, in a press release last month.
"Our gas stores today are more than a third below the volumes held in March 2006 and it is reduced demand due to the recession that has prevented this situation from becoming an emergency," Clark said.
There is a genuine concern about the adequacy
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?