The real-time platform will allow market participants to review available inventory on a spot and forward basis and place bids or offers for all tradable REC programs. Trades are then voice brokered by Phoenix.
"This electronic trading platform for the REC market will introduce efficiency, speed, and centralization to a burgeoning albeit complicated and fragmented market," says Sakis Asteriadis, global head of environmental commodities at Phoenix.
RECs represent a set amount of energy produced
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants