Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEx) in mid-July appointed consultants to study the feasibility of trading commodity derivatives and emissions-related products in Hong Kong.
McKinsey & Company will conduct a study on the trading of commodity derivatives, including energy (such as oil, power and gas), base metals and agricultural products.
And Mallesons Stephen Jaques (with sub-consultants Netherlands-based Climate Focus and International Environmental Trading Group in Washington, DC) will
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules