The renminbi may stop appreciating against the greenback in the near future, according to Fan Gang, a director of National Institute of Economic Research and former academic member of monetary policy committee of People's Bank of China.
Fan told a China Daily forum held in Hong Kong today that the renminbi appreciated 5% against the greenback last year and pointed our there is a 4-percentage-point difference in inflation between the China and the US, so, in real terms, the renminbi appreciated
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants