"I have worked on the asset-backed securities desk since September 2004, and each quarter we have seen a greater quantity of esoteric deals in the market from an asset and jurisdictional point of view," says Frederic Rodrigues, credit analyst on ABS/CDO products at HSBC Halbis Partners in Paris.
Asset innovation in the ABS market has occurred in fits and starts over the past few years. The market has seen one-time issuers looking to get their funding demands met or transfer particular types
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules