According to Icap, the service will compliment the exchange trading of derivatives contracts in the Spanish and Portuguese power markets, currently hosted by energy exchange Omip. OTC trades will clear through Omip's OMIClear platform.
Icap currently offers similar services in Nordpool, Germany, France and the Czech Republic.
Omip and OMIClear board member Paulo Sena Esteves says Icap's service will help encourage the growth of liquidity. "Our understanding is that the market needs to grow and has
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019