Structured products providers face a tough retail market in the UK. The Financial Conduct Authority, if not actively hostile, cautioned retail investors against choosing complex products in its most recent market review in 2015. Some investors are wary after the high-profile liquidation of Jubilee Financial Products in the same year.
An additional problem is a lack of diversification – plans can offer just one or two streams of equity-linked payouts, which could fail to materialise at the end
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- Buy-side quant of the year: Gordon Ritter
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more