Issuers and distributors in Italy have had their hands full this past year in adapting to tougher regulatory requirements. BNP Paribas retains its lead as a structured products issuer in the country due to its widely commended work with the regulator and the industry, and its ongoing appetite for product innovation.
In May 2014, the Commissione Nazionale per le Società e la Borsa (Consob) proposed much tighter rules on the distribution of 'complex products', based on European selling guidelines
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules