The past few months have witnessed the strong growth of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) in Asia, with total assets reaching $234 billion in May – a 16% increase since January, according to Risk.net research. Commerzbank's market-making across the widest range of these funds in the region during that period was challenging from a risk management perspective and gained the firm its first ETF award.
Despite Commerzbank only becoming an active market-maker in Asia in 2013, when it started providing
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia