Against a backdrop of increased regulatory scrutiny, lower revenues and higher capital charges, the withdrawal of many banks from commodities has had a withering impact on the base metals market. Firms such as Barclays and Deutsche Bank, once seen as formidable market-makers, have left the market, choosing to focus more narrowly on precious metals instead. That has created opportunities for banks that remain committed, including Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking (SG CIB).
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines