HSBC has built a market-leading position in renminbi derivative products in Hong Kong (see RMB House of the Year award), and has also grown a number of other business lines such as prime broking and equity derivatives in addition to being a major stakeholder in the development of over-the-counter clearing locally.
Despite being a latecomer to the prime financing business – launched two years ago in Asia, and just three years ago globally – volumes of assets under management have increased
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more