The ability to predict the weather accurately, consistently and reliably is what gives the energy futures trading fund Cumulus Energy Fund its edge in the market, say portfolio managers Peter Brewer and Steve Brosnan.
By concentrating on specific weather outcomes important to energy trading – temperature, rainfall and wind – all of which are large influences in the power markets, the strategy has the potential to deliver high returns for investors, according to Brewer and Brosnan.
The two describe
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules