Keeping the Castellain Cavendish fund relatively small at only $10 million at present with a target size of $100 million will allow the fund manager Robert Goldsmith to continue to invest in smaller listed investment companies that are below the radar of the typical hedge fund or institutional investor.
“We are able to take positions in these smaller companies without having to take a huge stake for it to be meaningful for us,” he explains.
The fund looks for opportunities arising among listed
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more