Attempting to call the tops and bottoms of the convertible bond cycle has proven to be a thankless task for investors.
Many investors redeemed from convertible arbitrage funds after suffering steep losses in 2008 only to see prices rebound sharply in 2009.
[Pictured: Emily Leonard, investor relations, Silverback Asset Management]
Elliot Bossen, founder and chief investment officer of Silverback Asset Management, says investors should not have to make these types of market calls when investing in
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants